Saturday, September 13, 2008

All about us!

Well I can hardly believe that I am about to enter the world of the bloggers! I have been blog stalking for awhile now, and have thoroughly enjoyed learning all the comings and goings of each of your families. So here goes, Royce was born here in Victor, Idaho. He was an RH factor baby and one of the first ones in the area to survive, he was given a complete blood transfusion shortly after birth. Thankfully it worked and we as a family are grateful for that miracle. He is the youngest of three, he loved working with his Dad on the farm and considered all of his Dads' friends to be his friends. It has been hard for Royce, losing his mom and dad and then having all of his elderly friends pass away. He attended Ricks College and graduated with an associates degree in Applied Sciences, dealing with Forestry and Agriculture. He went on a mission to New Zealand, and then attended BYU in Provo, Utah. His Dad got sick over the holidays and Royce went home to help on the farm and his sister convinced him to come on a Singles ward snomobile weekend to Yellowstone. The singles group was from Ogden, Utah, and it was on this trip that Royce and I met. We watched Old Faithful go off four times and talked continuously, it was as if we were trying to catch each other up on what had happened since we got to earth. (Cheesy I know, but true!) I was born in Ogden, Utah, the oldest of 7, went to High School at Weber High School, and went to Utah State University, where I studied Art, English Lit. and Elementary Ed. and then went home to Ogden and went to Cosmetololgy school, I worked as a hair dresser, until I went to the Catania, Italy mission, returned home, started going to the Singles ward and then here we are 27 years later, with 6 amazing children, and two terrific daughter-in-laws and a brand new son-in-law. Royce and I are looking forward to the near future when we can go on a mission together, and be the best companions either one of us has ever had!!!

10 comments:

Shayle said...

Yea I'm so excited to have you as a fellow blogger!! James loves your picture and that you've named yourselves the Wild Wooly's!!!

AnitaDaaaahling said...

Wow you guys are so Hip and Wild and Wooly. Not to mention the Coolest friends we know.
Let's get together soon.
Luv you guys-

Jen Hancock said...

Hello my favorite wooly woman! I love that you've started a blog for the two of you and look forward to seeing updates! It's a fun way to keep in touch with our wide spread fam!

Love you!
Jenny

The Nicks Family said...

How fun that you have started a blog! I LOVE it!!! That picture of you two is so cute, it is totally you to and makes me smile :) How fun that we all can keep up with each other this way!

Kaspermania said...

Hi you 2 cute friends!! The modern wild and wooly's doing a blog!! I'm so happy! It's a good way for us to sneak a peak at what's happening in your world!!
Loved the picture!!
Thanks for sharing with us!
We love you and miss you!!

Unknown said...

HI Mom,
You know you have more than 6 kids even with your son's and daughters in-laws! I love that you have a blog! I think about you often and have appreciated the times that you have lent an ear to me. It has been hard without my mom home so having you there for me when I have needed to just pick up the phone and call someone has been great. I have Josh's, Micah's, and Serenity's blog attatched to mine. It is fun keeping up with all of your kids and now I get to add you too! I guess I am a blog stalker myself. I love your guts!
Love your Minnesota daughter,
Kristina

Matt and Serenity Stewart said...

Yay mom and Dad. I am so excited!!!! If you want I can help you out!!!

Katie, Adam, Izzy & Emmy said...

yeah i am so excited you have a blog now.... love you

The Neads said...

oh I miss you guys too much......
I saw you had a blog because you left a comment on mine... how awesome. I have been keeping in touch with your girls.. it's been fun. I wish I could have made it to my 2 boys's weddings... I heard it was really nice and the pictures were great to look at but not as much fun as going I'm sure. Life seems to get in the way of me doing much of anything. Josh's wedding, I was sick sick sick... I told Serenity to send my best wishes.
You are the best ever...
I love you soo much!!!

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogging world! :) I am loving the name the "Wild Wooly's"! I love you guys!