Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tender Mercies












I've been doing alot of deep thinking lately, wondering if I am living up to the expectations of family and my Heavenly Father. Of course in the down moments I am sure that I am failing, yet somehow the morning comes, the sun rises and I am given a new day. A chance to start again and try to get it just a little bit closer to being right!
Royce and I were talking the other day and I was wanting to put the bird feeder just a little closer to the window so that it would entertain Crystals cat Levi. Kind of cruel entertainment I guess if you think of it from the birds perspective! LOL! As I was sitting at the computer and looking out the window a tiny little bird started eating at the bird feeder, I hadn't seen this kind of bird before so I started to do some research on it, I searched the computer for this particular little bird, and when I found it I was thrilled, those of you that know me well, know that I love words, and this bird has a wonderful name, it just rolls off of your tongue. It is a Lazuli Bunting! How cool is that? So I started thinking about all of the beautiful creations of the world and how my Father in Heaven must love me alot, so that even when I am in my lowest moments, I can look out my window and see a Lazuli Bunting.
Yesterday Royce and I went with his nephew Jeremy and Taryn and their two cute kids Cadence and Coda, over to Trailcreek Pond to let the kids do some fishing. We had a wonderful time, and the kids were so delighted that they each had a chance to catch a fish, the joy in their eyes was so contagious. That is what life is about, the beautiful world, joyfilled eyes, a warm loving hand to hold, great friends, precious family and a loving Father in Heaven that accepts and blesses me just for being me. As we were getting ready to leave the fishing hole I took this picture of the sky, this picture is what inspired me to write this post. I'm not perfect..........yet, but I am truly loved.




















6 comments:

The Metzgers said...

I wish I could have gone fishing with you. :(

Royce and Deanne Wooly said...

me too! Grab Joe and the kids and get out here!

Unknown said...

I love your thoughts! Cool bird too!

Julie said...

I'm so glad I read your blog this morning! I needed to be uplifted and you did it! thank you and I am grateful to have you for a friend!

Derek and Tara Larsen said...

Thanks for the comment you left on our blog, we thought of you as we passed the turn off for Victor, but since we were traveling with my family we weren't able to make the detour! :( We sure miss you guys though, and it would have been great to see you. I'm so glad we've been able to keep up on what you're doing thanks to the blog! We love you so much! -Tara

Kaspermania said...

Lazuli Bunting??? Never heard of it. Now I am wondering if I've ever seen it?
Fishing sounds so fun!!
I loved the picture of the sky. I told Elder K. that was a site we haven't seen in 15 months....I miss those kinds of pictures...so thanks for sharing with us.
Love you guys.