Sunday, September 28, 2008

I Love to see the Temple



Last nite I was waiting up for Ethan to get home and turned on the BYU channel, and listened to two different talks, both of them talked about the Temple and how important it is to go to the Temple for ourselves. By this I mean for our own growth while we do work for others. It isn't that I didn't already know this, its just that it was an aha moment for me, that the Temple is where we need to go when our lives our chaotic and full of challenges, that it is in the Temple that we get our priorites straightened back around. In the Temple we can discover more about ourselves, our strengths and our weaknesses and how the Lord helps us grow through our challenges. I decided I needed to recommit myself to regular Temple visits, so that I can work on being a better wife, mother and a better Deanne!

5 comments:

The Nicks Family said...

You know that we hear things like this all the time, but for one reason or another I needed to hear this today! Thanks Deanne for sharing your aha moment, because it was for me as well. Love ya!

The Neads said...

your absolutely right.. Kelly asked me if I wanted to go out on Friday.. I think I am going to tell him to take me to the temple. Something about that temple makes life a little easier.. Sometimes though I need a little push.. Thanks
BECCA

Shayle said...

You have inspired us to look at our lives and how often we make time for the temple. We were talking last night and James said "you know I think we need to go to the temple" He had read your blog and it got us thinking, that we really need to get back there. It really does put your life in perspective! Love you

Darcie said...

Thank you so much for your concern and love. You are a wonderful person!!
Darcie

Kaspermania said...

I'm so glad you are doing a blog. It's nice to read about your life and get to hear what you are thinking from time to time.
We love you and your family. Can't believe how much life has changed for you in the 6 months we've been gone. You married off 2 kids while we've been gone and you are going to be a grandma????
Love ya! Keep blogging!!!!