Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lions, and Tigers and Bears! Oh My!

All of you have heard our bear stories and the mountain lion from a few years ago, but we had another visitor last nite! Our outside dog Lucy ( the kids call her Mindy) started to bark like something was terribly wrong! Royce grabbed a flashlight and bravely went out onto the front porch, when he came back in his face was white and his eyes were as big as saucers, He said there was a big mountain lion out on the side yard by the trampoline. Yikes!!! It ran off and the dog barked for quite awhile, We called Crystal and told her when she got home from FHE she needed to call and let us know she was here so that Royce could walk her in from the car, we didn't want her to be a tasty tidbit. So there will be no more romantic moonlit walks, at least for awhile!

5 comments:

Shayle said...

Yikes you Guys!!! You need to move to COVE to stay safe :)

The Neads said...

YEAH!!! That is sooo cool. Scary, but really cool.. I don't know why, but that really made me miss hanging out at the ol' Woolstenhulme home. I'm pregnant with lots of hormones, but it's been a while since I have come up...
Maybe we can plan a day that I can come up and go for a walk with you... would that be ok??
Well as for the baby thing... I promised Kelly I wouldn't make any decisions until 2 years after I have this baby... so hormones slow down and the baby is older... He is the smart one of the family... ha ha
LOVE YA MUCH

The Nicks Family said...

ACK!!! I don't know if I could handle that!! I am glad that you are all okay and that it left, but that is still scary!!!

Unknown said...

Crazy! I also think it is kinda cool, how often do you get to see a wild animal like that in your yard? I know it would never happen here in Vegas! We need to make a trip up there, maybe next year... :)

Mary Duncan said...

So no sleeping on the trampoline, eh? ( :