Friday, November 7, 2008


Hey all my creative friends! Our Young Womens group is having a fund raiser, we are having breakfast with Santa, a rummage sale and a mini-bazaar. So here is your assignment, please let me know of any fun and creative gift ideas for our mini-bazaar, we are looking for cute gifts for friends, teachers, visiting teachers etc.. Thanks to Leslie I have a great recipe for a chocolate cake in a mug, but I would love any clever or cute ideas that would make our fund raiser a success! It is going to be on December 6th, and it should be a fun day, Matt and Serenity and Crystal are all in the production of Scrooge that the community is putting on, and that same day the city of Victor has their Light Parade! Hooray for the Holidays! I love them!

3 comments:

Dax and Steph said...

I used to be the second counselor in Relief Society so I was over the enrichment and I had a lot of great given to me. If you are looking for crafty things to make here are a couple ideas. Once we made purses out placemats from the dollar store. Then you just use ribbon for straps and decorate it however you want. It's really easy to sew...all it is, is 2 straight lines up each side of the placemat.
Another idea is to buy clear soap bottles/containers(i think you can get them at the dollar store too), then print little words or pictures on a transparency and then cut them out and put them in the bottle and fill it up with a clear soap. Then you have cute little, decorative, floaties in your soap.
These might not be what you are looking for, but let me know if I can help with anything.

Jen said...

Hi Deanne! I don't know if you remember me or not. I am Jennifer Johns, my family lived next to you in Elberta and I babysat Josh, Micah and Seth. I saw your last name on a friend's blog and clicked on it just to see who it might be (not a common last name) and it was Josh - holy cow!- then I saw your blog and here I am. I CANNOT believe how many years have gone by and how grown up all of your kids are! What a beautiful family! I would love to hear from you, as would my parents (Richard & Jeneil). Email me if you have a minute and I will invite you to our blog and we can catch up. What a SMALL world!!!

jro76@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Guess who that friend was that Jenn found you through?!?! What a small world. Jenn and Erik worked together in Utah before he and I got married. I don't know if I have met Jenn and John but Erik says I may have. Who knows! I have met so many people through him that it is hard to remember everyone. Is that bad? I am so greatful for the internet and the technology we have today. Look at all of the amazing people we are finding that we would have never found otherwise.

So my idea is small. our ward has the girls auction something off. . . like service. SOme offer shoveling snow, or babysitting, or mowing the lawn. Just an idea that brings in a little bit of money but also gets the girls to do service. I know it isnt a gift gift idea but service is one of the best gifts to be given.

The minnesotes love you!