Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Country "tis of thee


Today is election day, I am so thankful that I live in a country where I am allowed to vote my conscience, I know this is an incredible responsibility. I am also glad to be at the end of this never ending political maelstrom, that we have all been bombarded with. Even with all of the doomsday predictions and the pie in the sky promises I feel secure, because I know that there is a power much more potent than that of the earthbound government that we deal with on a daily basis. That is the Celestial and Eternal Government of my Heavenly Father, and I know that His eye is on us all, and that all of His promises are kept, and that as long as I strive to keep my covenants I will be okay. That's the kind of "political" promises that I hold to, that I place my faith in. So make sure today that you go vote, that you place your mark on this pivotal day, and then remember that you are loved and cared for by an omnipotent Father, and with God, nothing is impossible!

4 comments:

The Neads said...

you are the most inspiring person I know. Your thoughts are so spiritual and strengthening to me. Thank you!!!

Mary Duncan said...

Thank you for that reminder.
( : Mary Duncan has voted. ( :
If I ever work at the polls, I would like to have the job of saying, "Deanne Woolstenhulme has voted." What a fun little task.
And by the way, the word verification that I have to type in before this comment is posted has the word fart in it. How weird.

Danalin said...

Love that. Thanks for always bringing my thoughts to a good place.

Kaspermania said...

Well you still get the prize for the most creative person I know! You just keep on creating OK.....because it's days like today that people need to remember what you said!
Love you tons for who you are and how you lift us all!
Thanks for being our friends!!