Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year







Wow, I can't believe we are done with 2008, what a year it has been, lots of growing and changing, we added Elise to our clan this year, what a blessing she is in our lives. She and Josh are doing great, they hosted our family Christmas party this year and it was so fun for all of us to stay in their home. We also added Matt to our wild and crazy group, he fits right in, we love him and enjoy his fun personality. He and Ethan work together at Subway, and moonlight as rock stars in the living room!! Aunt Sue finished up her chemo and her reconstruction, Uncle Leon became a miracle man, and Kerry got home from his mission. Katie gave birth to sweet lil' Izzy, Crystal lost her cat Stella, and got a replacement ( Eva) for Christmas. Seth moved several times and is now in a mountain man cabin up Fox Creek, he is becoming quite a cook, even cooked a turkey for his friends for Christmas, and he makes the best salsa there is! Micah and Mare are getting closer to the GRADUATION date, and Micah is finishing the last project on the remodel, the front hallway! Seri got a new camera, and insists on taking lots of pictures, which is great, except when they are of me (ugh) Royce is building a bigger and better greenhouse and is excited to get it finished so that he can try his hand at greenhouse grown corn this year, maybe it will be bigger than the minicorn we have had so far! Grandma Larsen had her cataracts removed and came through it all with flying colors! Aunt Sheri got to go to Hawaii, and Gma and Gpa survived Kirsten and Larissa and the fast paced life of teenagers! Aunt Sam, Uncle Dale and Uncle Brent just keep getting more and more grandbabies and I enjoy watching them all grow up through this blog world. Uncle Dave and Aunt Becky hosted a wonderful family Christmas party. Aunt Jan has become the Queen of redbubble, and has some wonderful pictures on that site. We painted a mural, and grew closer together, my life has been so wonderful this year, I love all of my kids, and my kids that aren't mine, I got to hold Kristina's little Kayla, what a miracle and a blessing, I get to watch Becca's and Tia's and Mary's babies grow up and every now and then some of my young women who are now married mommies show up with their kids and remind me how old I really am. Karen Egbert(Can't remember her married name) has a daughter in Miamaids!!! How crazy is that! I am so thankful to live in the most beautiful place in the world with the most wonderful husband and family and friends! I love you all! HAPPY NEW YEAR, to you all!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a Christmas full of family fun! Those are the best kind.

Unknown said...

What an eventful year. This is your year to become grandma!!!!! I am so glad I got to see you over Christmas! We love you!

The Nicks Family said...

I wish we could have been to the family gatherings throughout the year. Hopefully next year we can make one or two :) I still have to meet Elise and Matt! Love ya!!!

Kaspermania said...

I never tire of your wonderful perspective of life. Isn't it crazy how fast life changes? You'll blink your eye and you'll be the one with 22 grandchildren and on a mission somewhere you've never dreamed of coming. Love you now and love you always. You are truly one of my awesome friends.