Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I need some Spring and I need it now!!!


I know this sounds kind of crazy for someone who lives in beautiful Teton Valley, because Spring is not going to happen soon, but all I'm asking for is a glimpse of a few blades of grass, maybe a little dandelion in the crack of a sidewalk. I guess I really am just asking for some hope! I love the snow, it is so beautiful when it first falls and covers everything, but I am looking for a change. Maybe that is my problem, I haven't learned to appreciate the here and now as much as I should. I heard a quote recently that sums up what I need to be feeling, "In between the disasters is where you find joy!" So I am going to challenge myself to try to live in the moment, to appreciate where I am now, to enjoy the rest of the winter, to learn to love myself as I am, to place my hand in the Saviors and allow him to direct my path, instead of trying to run ahead and see beyond the here and now. So heres to finding joy in the moment, to learning to love the hard stuff, to relishing the challenges. But in the meantime, I am still going to be looking for those blades of grass.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Our lesson in Relief Society was about finding the joy in the Now! It made me reflect on how I was finding my own joy and I wasn't, so I am going to change that! I think you are amazing Deanne and not just for living in such a cold place :). You are such a great example and I love ya so much! I will pray that Heavenly Father will give you your few blades of grass, because I know you deserve it! Love ya lady!

The Nicks Family said...

Deanne I love your posts! I am so grateful for them and love reading them. This is something I definitely need to work on. Something I am not good at! Thank you for this :) Love ya!!!

Derek and Tara Larsen said...

you're more than welcome to come down and visit us! We have the spring weather down here already! And I wouldn't mind being able to curl up by a fire, wrap up in a blanket, and look out the window at a world covered in white! So you enjoy the white for me, and I'll enjoy the warm for you!

Matt and Serenity Stewart said...

I saw a blade of grass today. But then I almost slipped in the slush. So I stopped looking! lol

The Metzgers said...

I'm looking for grass as well. I miss the sun. I love New England but I really think I was meant to live someplace warm and sunny, like Hawaii.

Northern Nickle Clan said...

Deanne,

Thanks for your inspiration. You've added to my day. I love you guys muchly! I look over your blog even though I don't have one of my own. It's fun to read how everyone is doing. I enjoy e-mailing. So, if you're interested, e-mail away.:) lady_almathea@yahoo.com

Luv,
Katie Nickle (Doyle and Mary Lou's daughter)

Tribe Family Happenings said...

Hey Deanne !!

Happy Birthday to you!!!!

love your blog. I renamed ours it is called tribefamilyhappenings.blogspot.com I haven't done a whole lot of work on it yet but it is there for now... I totally agree with the title of your post....I need some Spring NOw !! Did you happen to notice the little corner of the temple grounds when we were there for Erik's wedding ? There were a few daffodils and crocus and pansies. That was a few days before our big snow storm that we are still pretty much covered. WE NEED SOME SUN. !! love ya tons and more !

your baby sis
jan

Kaspermania said...

I just want you to know it's 101 degrees today.....I'm dreaming of a little snow and cross country skiing these hot days. I think I'll freeze when I get back to Idaho...We just walked home from the church and I was dripping around the hairline and neck area....I turned on our ceiling fan and am cooling off. We went to a park this week but the grass grows different here....It looks fake!! Why is it we always want what we can't have...During the winters in Idaho I always look forward to a little vacation somewhere warm....Now I'm somewhere warm I want a little bit of cold....I think I better learn to enjoy the here and now as I'm figuring out time passes to quickly. Love your blog.....

Seven Times Lucky said...

I was thinking of you the other day (mind you this was before the snowstorm yesterday...) and I was so glad for a moment that I had no snow on the ground and that I could walk my puppy in a T-shirt... but then I remembered all the amazing times I had up at your house, the times I NEVER wanted to leave the beautiful teton valley and I realized that where you live will always be a magical place, even if you have to wait a little longer for spring :)